Pramod C. Amin
Pramod C. Amin immigrated to the United States in 1970 from India after receiving his Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from the Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda. He received his Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering from the University of Utah in 1971 and began his career working as a Civil Engineer for the Virginia Department of Transportation from 1971-1980, while his wife Purnima Amin worked as an accountant for the State of Virginia.
PC Amin founded Shamin Hotels with his brother-in-law BN Shah by purchasing his first hotel out of bankruptcy in 1979. Since then, he has developed and operated numerous commercial developments, assisted-living facilities, and hotels over his 37 year career. With the help of his wife and a talented team of associates, Shamin Hotels has grown to 51 hotels and is recognized as the largest private owner of hotels in Virginia.
In addition to his efforts at Shamin Hotels, PC Amin is very involved in the local community. In 2001, he spearheaded the development of the Cultural Center of India, located in Chesterfield, VA – a non-profit center that caters to the needs of the local community. He currently serves as Chairman of the Cultural Center of India, sits on the board of the Chesterfield Center for the Arts Foundation in Chester, VA and was a founding director of First Capital Bank. He has received many honors from the industry and the community including Hilton’s Lifetime Achievement Award in 2009, IHG’s Developer of the Year in 2009 and Hilton’s Multi-brand Developer of the Year in 2002 presented by President George H.W. Bush, Sr. in person at Las Vegas conference. PC Amin’s immeasurable generosity towards others and endless drive for success, are deeply rooted in the culture of Shamin Hotels today.
Sharad N Saraiya MD FAAOS
At present practicing Orthopedic surgeon with Colonial orthopedics for last 25+ Years
- Board certified in field and served as President of Colonial orthopedics until 2015
- Served as Chief of medical staff for HCA/John Randolph hospital
- Served as Chairman dept. of surgery for Southside regional medical center and John Randolph Medical center
- Served as board of trustees for HCA/John Randolph Medical center Community Service
- President of Gujarat Samanvay Parivar (GSP) for 6 years
- First President of CCI and over saw opening of facility than served 2 more years as CCI president totaling 4 years of leadership at CCI
- Involved as core group organizing Taste Of India for years responsible in naming the event and initiating and starting it as first President
Family -Wife-Raksha,Children – Son Chirag married to Nikki (with 2 grand kids Isha and Sahil),daughter Roshni
Mr Naven is originally from Palitana,Gujrat(India). He pursued his MBA in finance from Atlanta university after completing post graduation from Mumbai University.
He moved to Richmond,Virginia in 1972 after joining finance team of a private construction company.He is married to Sucheta and have two children(both physician).
Amratlal Patel has been an active member since inception of CCI and has been one of the highest collectors of funds for CCI. He played an active role in planning and construction of the great facility we all use today.